Morning Routines

I wake up early.  I'm usually up like an hour before I have to get my kid up.  It's summer now, so I can let her sleep in.  So, I get maybe two hours of peace at the beginning of the day.

It's nice.

I do this for me.  I like to have a little coffee in me before I have to get seriously functional for the day.  I like to take time to pray.  I like to start my day off in peace.  I may do a little journal writing.  I may start a blog post.  

Once I have to deal with anybody else, such as my kid or the phone could ring, it's all up in the air.  But at least my mornings are predictable.  I like it that way.

You see, if I have to deal with any bullshit on any given day, it usually involves other people.  It's not a give in, but it is always the case.  

So, I do what I do because it works for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freewheeling

All good things must come to an end